GRE General Test Complete Information for International Scholarships:
International Students who want to get International Fully Funded Scholarship in all over the World can read GRE General Test Complete Information for International Scholarships. If you pass GRE then you have more chances to get Full Scholarship to pursue Undergraduate Degrees, Master Programs, PhD in different European Countries Like United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, USA, Netherlands, Turkey and Italy etc. Also Check it: Tips to Prepare IELTS Exam and Get 7.0 Band in One Month
The GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination is an important step in the graduate school or grad school application process. The GRE is a multiple-choice, computer-based, standardized exam that is often needed for admission to graduate programs and graduate business programs (MBA) worldwide.
The GRE test was founded in 1936 by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. According to ETS, the purpose of GRE is to calculate verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing, and critical thinking skills that have been receive over a long period of learning. A history of the progress of the GRE including its revision in 2011. ETS claims about the test, and a description of the use of research and experimental sections to continuously update the test contents.
About the GRE Test:
GRE General Test have three main components
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Analytical writing
Each part has two sub parts where the Verbal and Quantitative parts which vary on the level of difficulty and the Analytical Writing section has 2 different tasks.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Must Apply for Best Scholarship: Chevening Scholarship 2022-23 In United Kingdom [Fully Funded]
Some graduate programs may demand GRE subject score.
There are GRE Subject Tests which calculate the student’s excellence in a special subject. The subjects provided by GRE are Biology, Chemistry, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. After completing the exam, students can send their scores to four universities drawn before aiding of the Score select option.
GRE seems more critical than ACT or SAT as questions are designed for candidates who have already completed their undergraduate. GRE Verbal reasoning tests vocabulary through testing reading paragraphs and complicated quantitative problems. GRE quant is relatively easier than other competitive exams. The aim of taking the GRE is to check the candidate’s level of academic excellence in undergraduate subjects. Few points must be recall before writing GRE:
- The course you are applying for whether it demand GRE or not.
- Is there any type of fellowships for merit-based applicants or GRE Scholarships for funding the course program?
- Have you shortlisted the course?
- Is your grad school GPA score suitable for applying for further studies?
If you assume a good GRE score is a story then you have to make a detailed analysis and resemble of the grad schools you are dreaming to apply. Quant and Verbal components of the exam are scaled on a range between 130-170. The standard GRE score for Verbal reasoning happens to be 151 and that of GRE Quantitative reasoning is 154.Aside from grad schools, business schools and law schools also gain GRE scores. Applicants can take the exam maximum of 5 times in a year. The validity score of GRE is 5 years.
GRE Score Validity
GRE scores are effective for five years.
Candidates can take the GRE recasted General Test (computer-based) only once every 21 days, and no more than five times within any continuous spinning 12 month period. This applies even if they have remit their scores on a test taken previously. Candidates who choose to only take the paper-based GRE rephrased General Test may take it as often as it is present.
GRE Exam Pattern:
GRE Exam Pattern for both categories is different. GRE Exam pattern for computer-based GRE is modify in nature. GRE General Test format has 3 different sections and the analytical abilities are measured through this test.
The main sections are
- GRE analytical writing.
- GRE verbal reasoning.
- GRE quantitative reasoning.
All these sections have 2 subsections. The total time period for GRE General Test is 3 hours 45 minutes. Three main points of the GRE general test are as follows;
GRE Analytical Writing:
GRE Analytical Writing have two types of questions. Explore Issue and search an Argument are two kinds of tasks asked in this section. Candidates have 60 minutes to attempt two sections of GRE analytical writing.
GRE Verbal Reasoning:
Candidates find GRE verbal reasoning section difficult for its delicate question types. Reading Comprehension, Text Completion, and Sentence Equivalence are three kinds of questions asked in this division. Candidates should be attempt 40 questions in 60 minutes.
GRE Quantitative Reasoning:
With little practice GRE quantitative reasoning in fact change the scorecard of the candidates. The syllabus of GRE quant is Quantitative comparison, Problem-solving, and Date interpretation. Candidates must be attempt 40 questions in 70 minutes.
The GRE verbal section is relatively easier than what the Power Prep series comprises, and candidates can literally score higher than what they generally obtain during the Power Prep practice tests. Such as the GRE quant section’s first part is difficult than what Power Prep’s first part offers. Also, the last part of Power Prep’s quant section is difficult than what the actual test offers.
GRE Preparation Tips:
Candidates follow different kinds of classroom or in-person courses for GRE preparation. Generally the candidates take around 2-4 months before the scheduled date. To perform the best, candidates should be target the score first. Some GRE training tips are as follows;
- Always keep cool head and come back to questions you couldn’t solve in the end.
- Self-preparation is one of the most fertile method for GRE application. Go through the best kind of sample books, practice papers for GRE.
- Take courses online will help in getting updated study materials.
- Appoint a personal tutor to get daily feedback on the status of your preparation.
- Know complete information about the syllabus and exam pattern of GRE.
- Taking regular mock tests will help in productive preparation. It will assess the readiness of your preparation.
- Design a proper study project will help in monitoring the growth status of the candidates in terms of readiness.
- Review the associated meaning of the GRE words.
Which Programs GRE accept:
GRE is extensively accepted for graduate programs (for many majors). For professional degree courses it is approved in Engineering, Science, Stats, Mathematics etc. The GRE General Test is now accepted by over 500 business schools extensively including top schools such as Harvard, MIT, Wharton, INSEAD for their MBA programs. In the previous four years, the number of business schools getting the GRE General Test for MBA admissions has quadrupled.
What is the Price for GRE Test?
The cost of applying for majority of the countries is $205. It may vary from $205-$230 depending on the country.
Study in Turkey: Antalya Bilim University Scholarships 2021 in Turkey Funded
GRE General Test FAQs:
Candidates who have taken GRE multiple times can send their scores from any test date either their current score or a score from the preceding exam. There will be no reference of other scores in the score report.
- Maximum Score for the Verbal and Quantitative components are 170 each.
- Analytical writing score will be reported on a 0 to 6 score scale in half-point accretion.
- GRE is needed by universities in North America (the USA and Canada.
- Commonly for Engineering Students score like 160 (q)+ 148 (v) + 4 (a) is weigh up a good grade for admission for universities ranked between 40 to 90.
- For all Engineering Students GRE Quant is most important for best results GRE Quantitative need to be well above 160 and GRE Verbal above 150.
- A high GRE score can considerably boost up the possibility of getting admission.
- Top 50 ranked Universities may require GRE>318(162+,156+,>4/6) and TOEFL>95.
- There is no penalty for wrong answers.
- One can evaluate, move forward and edit/change answers, etc. within a section.